More than 700,000 people suffer a stroke each year in the United States, and approximately two-thirds of these individuals require stroke rehabilitation. The inpatient stroke rehabilitation program at Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, one of the finest in the Rocky Mountain region, is specifically designed for individual patient success.
Goals for Stroke Rehabilitation
The goals of stroke rehabilitation treatment at Spalding are to help people who have had a stroke become as independent as possible and to attain the best possible quality of life. These include:
- Relearning to take care of your own personal needs (i.e. dressing, eating, bathing etc.)
- Safety in your home, including training your family members and caregivers to help you in safe and effective ways
- Relearning to use your affected arm and/or leg
- Regaining your speech and thinking abilities
- Helping you and your family cope with the life changes that stroke recovery often requires
Even though stroke rehabilitation does not reverse brain damage, rehabilitation can substantially reduce disabilities related to stroke and help people achieve the best possible long-term outcomes.
Stroke Rehabilitation at Spalding
Through our world-class facilities, uniquely designed programs and passionate staff, Spalding provides a comprehensive approach to stroke rehabilitation treatment that emphasizes patient needs above all else.
For more information on Spalding’s stroke rehabilitation therapies, please call any of our two locations in the greater Denver area or contact us today.